Thursday, January 5, 2012

Who Do I Trust?

Do you ever wonder when you're going through a trial: Is this because of sin in my life and God is using this time to draw me closer to Him OR Is God using this trial as a means of refining me and drawing me closer to Him? I have been wondering that a lot these past few months. But I guess what it boils down to is, either way, God will use this time to draw us closer to Him, if we let Him. So we have made a choice. I'll get to that in a minute. Last night, I called to check on the boys and the nurse transferred me to the doctor so he could give me an update. OH BOY! I love doctors and God has gifted them (whether they believe that or not) and we truly believe the boys are where they need to be receiving the best possible care. However, I do not enjoy talking to the doctors! I'm sure some parents NEED all the information they give, we don't, so much! He wanted to tell me that they had repeated the sonogram on the boys' brains to check for any bleeds. They did this the first week of their life and didn't really find anything. This was a repeat of the same thing. Josiah's was good-no evidence of any bleeds. Gideon's was not so good. They found evidence of a bleed that apparently occurred sometime between the first scan and this one. The doctors were surprised because this typically shows up within the first 3 days of birth. There is no treatment other than to observe and then repeat the scan in a week or two to see if the blood has gone away or not. The doctor then went on to tell me that this makes Gideon more at risk for developmental delays. BUT he also said some babies have delays, some do not, only time will tell. Here's what we know: God created these babies when we were not planning for them; God made 2 babies when the odds for having 2 sets of twins (one fraternal and one identical) is a little mind-blowing; God made them enter the world at 26 weeks because they were in jeopardy of not surviving; God placed us where we needed to be, when we needed to be there.....God's got this! We don't know the outcome, but God does and as Pastor Rhoades said last night: There's not a path you're walking down or will walk down that God hasn't walked down ahead of you. We may not know what lies ahead but God does because he's already been there to prepare the way. So will we choose to trust God for this journey or not? We make the choice to trust Him, whatever the outcome. Does that mean we're not scared or anxious at times? Absolutely not! But knowing that He is in control makes it easier. Knowing that He is leading the way and carrying us in His arms makes it bearable. Please remember both boys in prayer, but especially Gideon that the bleed will clear up and the doctors will be just as surprised when they repeat the test and find nothing there to report.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you! Love you guys and standing with you as you trust God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and Rob, I know this is so extremely hard. You guys are gonna be solid gold soon, it's just another fire to walk through,keeping your eyes on your Father! I posted so rest assured half of Texas is praying for our Gid. He's tough, and we love him! I know what you mean about they are part of the family even though they've never been home. We will see you tomorrow. Love all of yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is in charge, and he has chosen the best possible parents for those two little blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete