Tuesday, January 31, 2012

At the Stock Show

Well we made it to the Ft Worth Stock Show....parking lot:-) Yes, we arrived at 1:00 pm. (It takes awhile to pack for 5 kids and 2 adults:-/ ) It's now almost 5:00 pm and we are probably at least an hour from getting into the barn. Luckily we came prepared, but it doesn't make waiting in the suburban with 5 kids any easier. We have computers, DVD players, food, drinks, pillows, phones, toys, books (Rachel is now on the 2nd book in the Chronicles of the Kings series), ipods and Rebekah is dutifully working on her homework, Ms Ali:-) She's such a good student! Rebekah has been taking pictures of all the stock trailers in the parking lot because this is a "you must see it to believe it" moment/hour. So MAYBE we'll get to our hotel before 10:00, we'll see. I called about the boys this morning and Josiah was getting a new "convertible" bed. He will be in the open crib now. AND the nurse told me I could bring them some clothes because they are having to regulate their own temp!!! I can't tell you how excited this made me. I really don't know why, other than it seems like such a big step and less things will be attached to them. Oh my! The reality that they will be coming home soon is beginning to sink in! We are probably still a month away, but STILL! I know I've had twin babies at home before but that was before "Advanced Maternal Age" was present. Can I do this? Will I be able to stay awake during the middle of the night feedings and not drop them????? What if they have problems? What if THEY won't stay awake during their feedings?? (We used to put ice on Rachel's foot to wake her up because she would fall asleep) Oh My Word!! OK, panic attack is over. I know I can do these things and more with God right beside me holding my hand (and my head when I get sleepy) for he hasn't given me a spirit of fear! Philippians 4:13! So hopefully we will get to go see them tomorrow and get the results of Gideon's neuro scan straight from the doctor himself. I'll let you know. And, yes, we're still in the parking lot:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment