Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gaining weight

Just a quick update: We went to see the boys last night and Gideon looks so much better! His color was much better and he was more alert and active. The nurse today said he has had a good day and starting at midnight they will begin to wean him off the vent. They will check his blood gases and see how he has done, so, MAYBE he could be off the vent by the end of this week. He weighed 2 lbs 6 ozs!!! We could tell he had put on weight since early in the week. He will have another brain scan on Wed.  Josiah is doing very good. He weighed 2 lbs 13 ozs. and his oxygen level is at room air. I finally got to hear him cry! Yes, he was mad, but the pacifier took care of it (as long as I held it in his mouth). When I let go of it was when he got irritated:-) Yes, I did let go of it on purpose!! I wanted to hear his sweet little cry.....someone remind me of this in 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that both boys are making such GREAT progress!! Still praying daily for all of you! Oh, and it was SO good to see Issac at Doodlebug on Friday!! I have missed him. :)

    ReplyDelete