Sunday, January 29, 2012

BIG Boys!!

Gideon finally hit 3 lbs 1 oz!! He is such a big boy! He is also no longer on the "Darth Vader" mask, he is on the canula! Woo-Hoo! He is doing great too, only at 25-30% oxygen. Josiah is a little piggy. They increased his feeds to 32 cc's and he now weighs 3 lbs 11 ozs! They also increased his caffeine! Seriously?? I don't think he needs any more:-) He'll be hooked on coffee before he comes home from the hospital! In my mind, I think I know what the caffeine is for, but not sure I can explain it right, so I'll get back to you on that. When we got to the hospital Saturday, the nurse wanted us to come look at Josiah. He has rolled up blankets all around him and it looks like he's in a boat. He was flopped out hanging over the side of his boat with his leg hanging out the bottom. When I held Josiah, he stayed awake most of the time and began rooting when he got hungry and loved his pacifier! The nurse said those are all signs he is beginning to get ready to eat from a bottle. She also said it could take up to a month for them to master eating from the bottle and continuing to gain weight. They will be 7 weeks old tomorrow, so maybe we are halfway to bringing them home!

No comments:

Post a Comment