Monday, January 23, 2012

Suburban STILL for sale (or a bad country song)

Today we took the oldest four kids with us to Dallas for Rachel's labwork and to see the babies (or for 3 of them, the waiting room). We stopped in Rockwall to eat lunch at El Chico and we had the best time. I laughed more than I have laughed in the past 3 months! My kids are pretty amazing (at least I think so) and funny. I'm sure the folks around us weren't too happy that we laughed and giggled all through lunch, but that's okay. I couldn't help but just study them and thank God for the blessing of each one of them and for the stage that they are at right now. I know too well how quickly it will go by. Anyway, by the time we did Rachel's bloodwork at Scottish Rite and got over to Baylor, we didn't have a lot of time, but I did get to hold Josiah for a few minutes. He is on the canula. Yea!!! I can see his whole face and head. He smiled at me too:-) Sweet baby boy! He weighs 3 lbs 3 ozs. They are beginning to talk about feeding him with a bottle and once he masters that, we will talk about bringing him home. WOW! Gideon is still on the mask. He is doing much better. His oxygen levels were staying between 30-35%. Much better! He still weighs 2 lbs 12 ozs. Both eye exams were fine for now and will be repeated in 2 weeks. On the way back to town, we swung by the house to pick up the suburban because Rob wanted to get the alternator replaced. He was getting warning signs that it might be about to go out. He and Rebekah hopped in the suburban and I headed to town to take Aaron to his basketball game and pick up Isaac. I got almost into town before Rob called and said they were on the side of Hwy 11:-) Really??? Three strikes and you're gone, suburban!! This is 2! Even though, it always manages to get us off the road and to a safe place. Thank you, Lord! Our guardian angels are earning some overtime! All we could do is laugh when I told Rob it's like a country song: my babies are in the hospital, my dog's got a broke leg and my car left me on the side of the road! Laughter is like a medicine;-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are getting your laughter back Brandee! You do have some amazing kids-God has blessed you! Love and prayers to you! :)

    ReplyDelete