Monday, January 16, 2012

Suburban for Sale

A couple of songs have really ministered to me during this journey we are on. One of them is "Praise His Name" by Jeff and Sheri Easter:

When everything falls apart, Praise His Name
When you have a broken heart, raise your hands and say
Lord you're all I need, you're everything to me
And He'll take the pain away.
When it seems you're all alone, Praise His Name
When you feel you can't go on, just raise your hands and say
Greater is He, that is within me
And you can praise the hurt away.

Another one is "Blessings" by Laura Story:

'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise.

So it was this first song that I was thinking of when we sat in the parking lot of a mobile home dealership off I30 where our suburban so kindly left us stranded. While traveling to Dallas to see the babies, we got to Caddo Mills and it began to spit and sputter. We began to slow down and were almost joined at the bumper by a bright orange 18-wheeler:-) It died just before we got to the exit, but we managed to coast DOWN the exit ramp (thank you Lord that it went downhill) and turn into a parking lot. My wonderful mother-in-law made the 40 minute trip to come and get us and we made it back home without getting to see the boys. While we were disappointed to not be able to get to see them, we were praising God that we were not on the side of I30 or in the middle of Dallas.

This was after I ran over our 7-month old border collie, Snoopy, while he was chasing me down the driveway. He is alive, but his back leg is broken.

Another song comes to mind, "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this my mama said."

Anyway, I just called to check on the boys and they are both doing well. They both like to play a game with their nurses called: she tucks me in, I kick everything off:-) Josiah not only likes to pull out his feeding tube, he has learned how to reach up and mess up his oxygen mask, setting off the alarms. Gonna be a fun time when these boys come home!!!

2 comments:

  1. As Eli would say Whoa! So glad you didn't get any further to break down. Guess it's time to look for that bus! Poor Snoopy - and you. He will bounce back soon - Buddy did! Just something else you didn't need. BTW, I love that Easter song too. We are going to a concert Sat night in Longview with several local groups. Aunt Pat, Uncle Charlie, Sheila Skinner, maybe others from church are going. We have lots more tabs from Maeva Thompson & her Pine Tree students. You are gonna have to run fast to stay ahead of that Josiah! Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! Praying the days ahead are a little smoother. Love and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete