Friday, January 13, 2012

First Solo Visit

Friday the 13th was a good day for the boys:-) I got to go over and spend all morning with them. Josiah had just had a "bath" without his mask and the nurse said he did very well. I got to hold him on my chest skin-to-skin - much better than wrapped in blankets! He just snuggled up and slept. It was a lot like holding a puppy because he's about the same size and he would make little whimpering noises like a puppy. I got to hold him for more than an hour this time. So sweet! He did get a little bit irritated and make some louder noises after the nurse put him back in his bed. He had pulled his feeding tube out (AGAIN!) and the nurse figured out he really liked his pacifier without the feeding tube in his mouth so she put the feeding tube in his nose. Josiah may only be 2 lbs 10 ozs and 1 month old, but he WILL let you know when he doesn't like something and he did NOT like that tube down his nose! He is a little stinker! The doctor is very pleased with his progress and said we just need to fatten him up now. Gideon was looking much better today. I did get to hold his hand today. He does have pneumonia so they will change the antibiotic to one more specific to fighting that. He was more alert and active today and seemed to be feeling better. The doctor seemed to think we may be able to have him off the vent in a week. Thanks to everyone for their continued prayers! Funny story: As I was leaving the hospital, I got to the parking garage only to find that the elevators were not working (hopefully no one was on them). Of all days to park on the 5th floor!! Yes I had to hike up the stairs! Great exercise, but after 2 1/2 months of bedrest and another month of limited activity, my muscles were not happy about it:-) Lucky for me I had my Chick-Fil-A waffle fries to snack on all the way up! Hee-Hee.....this is similar to eating your candy bar with a Diet Coke isn't it??? They cancel each other out, don't they?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment