Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Suburban Blues

Let the drama continue.....You ever have a day where you KNOW you should have stayed in bed? Friday was that day for me! I have gone back to work this week so when Rob leaves to drive his school bus, I have about 20-30 minutes to get the 7 kids in the suburban or we will all be late. I don't think I mentioned that we bought me my very own suburban over Spring Break. I love it! It is very nice and even has a button I can push that brings the brake and gas pedals closer to me! Awesome for short people like me:-) BUT I can't drive it right now because we don't all fit in it. We need a bench seat in the middle-hopefully that will happen next week. Anyway, so I've been driving Rob's suburban this week. So we all get loaded up Friday and get ready to leave and as I walk around to get in, I notice the front tire-----it's flat! Nice! So I tell the kids unload and move to my suburban and they can just squeeze up in the back. So we unload car seats, car seat bases, kids, backpacks, trumpet, clarinet, lunches, etc., oh yeah, babies too:-) We get everybody in my suburban, I go to crank it.....Nothing! No click-click, no wrrrr-wrrr, complete silence! Really??!!! Yes, I can't make this stuff up. I honestly considered going back to bed, but I had a meeting at 1:00. So I knew I had until then to figure out what to do. One problem, my brain wasn't functioning on a full night's sleep so no solution was even coming to mind. So we unloaded again and went in the house. Then I decided that we just needed to change the tire. So I got to work with the kids helping me. We didn't get very far when Rob called and told me to air up the tire and pull over to the other suburban and jump it off. That's why I keep him around! It took about 15-20 minutes, but we got it aired up enough to move it next to the other one. But, alas, the riding lawn mower was in my parking space and had to be moved. Guess what? It had a flat and wouldn't crank:-) So the boys and I just pushed it out of the way. That was my first time to jump off a vehicle, so I was very excited when it cranked and nothing exploded! So we loaded back up AGAIN and got the kids to school by 9:30. The babies slept through it all!
The boys have had a good week. Josiah rolled from his stomach to his back 2 times tonight. Gideon is almost 7 pounds. They are growing so fast already!

No comments:

Post a Comment