Monday, March 5, 2012

Always an Adventure...

Josiah is now home!!! He's been snoozing on dad most of the evening. He is doing great so far, eating every 4 hours. The eye doctor looked at him and said his eyes are the same, so he'll just see him at his office next week. The kids have been so excited to finally meet him. Isaac just grinned all the way home. He kept asking, can he walk? can he crawl? can he talk? can he eat ice cream? At one point he said, "Mom, why does no mean no?" Samuel and Rebekah couldn't keep from touching him and poor Rachel just had to look from a distance. She is running fever. We got the call to come get Josiah around 10:30. I gathered up all the kids and Rob, we came home and got the suburban, and headed to Dallas. We went through Chick-Fil-A for Rob and I some lunch and about that time Isaac started crying. He said "My throw-up hurts." After asking him 150 questions about what hurt, did his stomach hurt, did he need to go potty, etc, we pulled over and got him out. He didn't seem pale, but he convinced us he was going to throw-up. But no luck! So we gave him the Chick-Fil-A sack and told Rachel to watch him and use the sack if he needed to throw up. Yes, poor Rachel was the unlucky one who sat in the back with him:-) After about 5 minutes, he was crying and sticking his head in the sack. Picture this....we finally get to bring a baby home and we're headed to Dallas with a child who's bawling and sticking his head down in the Chick-Fil-A sack. Really???? Are we dreaming? This can't REALLY be happening!! Oh yes it can. This is our life!!! He then declared he needed a potty. So we made it to Rockwall, found a gas station and I took him in. No luck! So I questioned him some more. This is when he said "My throw-up hurts" and pointed to his throat AND he told me his stomach didn't hurt. SO, smart mom that I am, I finally realized he meant his throat hurt. Rob asked me if I had looked at it. Well, there's a novel concept! Didn't think of that! (No, I hadn't actually) So I looked and guess what... it was swollen to his uvula (that's the hangy-down thing). BAD MOM! Never fear, 2 tylenol and a push-up pop and all was well again. We finally made it to the hospital, just took 3 hours:-) We go to get on the elevator and 2 women act like they can't decide if they want to get on or not. They finally decide to get on after Rob almost lost an arm trying to hold the door for them. Well, one lady barely made it on, she was weaving pretty bad. We got to their floor and the other lady just about ran into the wall of the elevator when she was trying to get off... I think she was having trouble pinpointing exactly where the door was in her condition. You gotta watch those elevator doors...they'll move around on ya:-/
I guess we are experienced enough as parents, Rob signed a few papers, I fed Josiah, we told Gideon good-bye and we were outta there! We were home before dark. It was hard to leave Gideon, but I know he'll be with us soon. He's doing better on his oxygen, but there is a chance he may have to come home on some oxygen and the heart monitor. We'll see how he does over the next week. Josiah weighs 5 lbs 14 ozs and Gideon is 5 lbs 5 ozs. They are amazing little miracles and I'm overwhelmed at how good God is. Thank you everyone for your prayers! Please continue to pray that we get Gideon home soon and that they get through the rest of RSV season with no issues. Let the adventure continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment