Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I updated. Hope your honey is being sweet to you today. I went to see the boys by myself last night and didn't get home until 10:30. When I woke up this morning I had a dozen pink roses on the table and homemade cards from all the kids with a list of things they are going to help me do this week! So sweet! I especially loved Aaron's card (my 12 year old) who drew a picture of me and him, where he is much taller than me:-) I am beginning to have to look up at him, but not THAT much! At least Rachel didn't draw a picture of me wearing her shoes (since  I borrowed her boots Sunday):-\ The boys are doing really well. Dr. Spencer, the eye dr, was supposed to see Gideon today, but haven't heard if he could tell anything yet from the medicine. Gideon weighs 4 lbs 1 oz now!!! Josiah is 4 lbs 8 ozs!! Such big boys! They are on straight formula now and they increased both boys feeds today. Josiah is doing great eating from the bottle. I got to feed Gideon his first bottle last night!!! Yay! He only took about 12 cc's, but for his first one, he did great! Gideon is back into his open crib now. He is doing much better on his oxygen. He's still at 2 liters but holding pretty steady at 30%. BIG NEWS: Josiah is off the caffeine. He has to be off it for 7 days before he can come home! This is the first test. He has to also be taking all feeds by bottle and he has to pass the car seat test. I took his car seat to the hospital. They will put him in it for 2 hours (since that's how far away we live) and he has to not have any major breathing or heart episodes while he's in it. OH MY! To think he could be home by the end of the month is very surreal. He just has to keep doing good on his feeding! I'll keep you updated. I'm loving getting to hold and snuggle with them. I held both of them together last night. Of course, even at 4 lbs your arms go to sleep! Rachel and Samuel are both sick with high fever and headaches. Flu test was negative. Doctor thinks it's viral:-( Just praying I don't share that with the babies AND that no one else here gets it. Gotta go.....my sweetie is taking me out on a date. Don't know where we are eating, I think he's going to surprise me. Whatever will we talk about, just the two of us??? THE KIDS, I'm sure:-)
UPDATE: I just spoke with Gideon's nurse and she said the eye doctor said Gideon's eyes look better and he believes the disease is regressing!!!! Thank You Lord for answered prayers! He isn't going to check him again for 2 weeks! Did I mention that we serve an AWESOME GOD??? Just sayin'......:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment