Friday, February 17, 2012

Bath Time

I went to see the boys last night and gave them their first tub bath!!! So exciting! They were wide awake the whole time and seemed to enjoy it. They weren't fussy about it at all. They were sound asleep when I got there because they had been loved on by Mimi and Papa and Aunt Bethany and Aunt Blair, so they had a big day. Gideon wasn't happy with me for waking him up but he got over it pretty quick. It only took me 2 HOURS to bathe both of them!! Really????? I'm thinking we may adopt the hillbilly method of only bathing on Saturdays! WOW! We were all exhausted when it was over. Gideon took his pacifier and went fast asleep. I started giving Josiah his bottle, but he was really getting tired. I had to leave before he finished just to get home before I went to sleep! Gideon had another brain scan yesterday and the nurse told me the ventricles in his brain are shrinking (which is what we want). They have reduced from .75 to .5 and they are looking much better. That is an overwhelming answer to prayer!!! His head size is looking normal now and his eyes seem to focus better since the procedure they did. He looks so good! Gideon weighed 4 lbs 6 ozs and Josiah weighed 4 lbs 12 ozs. Josiah looks great too! The nurse felt like Josiah might be coming home next weekend, but I don't know. He took 3 bottles in a row yesterday, but didn't get very far on the third one. He has to be taking all his feeds by bottle and he doesn't always want to wake up to do that. She said if not next weekend, she felt like for sure the first weekend in March. Woo-Hoo! BUT not little Gideon. After I gave him his bottle the other night, the nurse had to raise his oxygen to 60%. She was afraid he had aspirated, but after running tests they said he didn't. So we can't give him any more bottles until he's come down on his oxygen. He knows what to do, so hopefully after he gets off the oxygen he'll take off with the bottle-feeding. So will Josiah get to come home for my birthday????? (That would be Thursday and a bittersweet, significant, monumental, historical, SAY WHAT?? day that lines up with my "Advanced Maternal Age"!) SIGH..... OR Will it be the day of the county show where we are showing 4 steers and will be busy all day Friday and Saturday????? Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment